Thursday, August 29, 2013

Healing and Healing

It is sometimes mind boggling what you learn when you are down.  Down doesn't have to be depression, or out of money, or lost of a loved one...it can just be down.

Recently I had major surgery.  I was told that healing could take as short as 10 days to 4 weeks.  I think my mind stuck on the ten day scenario simply because I am not one to just sit still.

I am only one week into healing physically and I had a bit of an emotional butt kicking.  Yes...I am very hard on myself but that's the way it is.

I just couldn't understand why I was feeling so tired, why I wanted to cry, why I could wake up feeling absolutely amazing and a few short hours later if felt like I needed to just collapse and sleep.  I began calling myself a wuss.  Apologizing to anyone around me for my inadequacies.  You know, things like why I am so slow at the grocery check out.  Why I feel the need to lay down again and not spend time.  I am sorry for this and sorry for that...etc.

Then, I did a search on post surgery stuff and found that its not just me out there feeling like I'd been crushed by a car.

After reading all that I read I realized that actually I am not sorry.   It's an old label I gave myself many years ago....  it kind of goes along with that "not good enough" label that attached itself to my backside at a very young age only to be found and ripped off after looking in a mirror for a long time.

I remembered that I had written a book about these kinds of labels and asked myself...what would I tell someone else who confided in my about these feelings.

I would tell them...girlfriend...you just had major surgery!!  No one expects you to be wonder woman right now...except for you...so give yourself a break already!!!

So, that's what I will do...I am going to give myself a break.  I am going to give myself time to heal and realize that's all I need to do right now.

If you find yourself in a situation where you are questioning yourself..... have you given yourself time to heal??
I'd love for you to have a look at the book I wrote and how I was able to leave the labels behind and begin my journey of healing.  It's also the technique I have used on some of my coaching clients (women from abuse).

Here is a link to the amazon listing of the book:

The 7 Minute Mirror, Reflection, Revision, Results

Let me know what you think and if you need some healing and healing.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment