Sunday, September 22, 2013

Let's get real

So, I haven't been here in a while.  La ti Da.

What I've realized is that I love blogging when I can get real... so for now on... I am going to do exactly what this blog is for and just ramble.... and I might make you laugh, cry or even piss you off or make you scratch your head at some point... but that's life.. life makes you do all of the above.

I will be the first to admit that I struggle with a rather huge problem.  At the age of 46 I still put myself in the "not good enough" or "less than" category.

I know for a fact I am not alone.  I have spent the last 28 years doing mammograms on women....

And, as you could guess every single woman has a story of "less than" or "not good enough".

Does it ever make you wonder why on earth that is??? I wonder all the time.

I am not going to go into coaching mode right now, because right now I just want to vent.  However,  after you read this post please please send an email to yourofficehelptoday@gmail.com and tell me YOUR story...

With that being said, let's get to the venting stage!

No one is better than me.  And, No one is better than you.  It sucks that we can't figure that out and really feel that, but it's the truth.

We all have this weird idea that we should want what everyone else wants, we should behave like everyone else, that we should get upset by the same things and have the same ideas....BUT WE DON'T!!  And, deep down you know it!

But, society would lead you to believe that something must really be wrong with you because.....whoa is me.....you are different...  

You know...when I was a little girl...I wanted to wear long dresses and tennis shoes at the same time.  Guess what that got me.... people whispering about me, the little boy I had a crush on making sure I hit the teachers desk with a toy truck so that I would get in trouble, being snickered at while attending a birthday party....  you know...  the warming up period of ...hahaha look at her...she sucks... she isn't like us so she is not good enough....  she'll never amount to anything because...she is less than.

So...this is the beginning of figuring all of that out once and for all and making it a point to let all you others out there that haven't found your voice to get these feelings out to have a place to vent and get answers and to see that ...we are all different no matter what.....and all the same at the same time.

Would love to hear your stories....  You'll certainly hear mine...  


No comments:

Post a Comment