Friday, July 5, 2013

Customer Service

I am a go getter.  Someone that doesn't stop until the job is done.

I was having fun with my patients today.  I would go out to the waiting room and call out a name and as they stood up I would say, "You're the next contestant..."  and I would get a giggle out of the waiting room and my patient would relax.

I did this all day long.  Greeting old patients with a big smile and making them feel like they are old friends.

This is my usual demeanor.  As each patient came back, if I had taken care of them in the past I would make them feel like I remembered them and that made them relax even more.  If I hadn't taken care of them in the past I asked questions as I was doing their xray or mammogram which completely took their mind off what was being done.

I got hugs all day long and even had one patient go home, call her best friend and tell her to request me for her mammogram.

This is customer service.

Later in the day I was answering the phones at the front desk and a poor fellow who was new to the area and a bit confused called in.  He didn't know for sure if he was our patient or not and just wanted to find out where he was supposed to go for his appointment.

One of my colleagues was sitting near me when this call came in.  I felt bad for the man because I could tell he was frustrated and probably had been given the run around elsewhere.  So, I went the extra mile.  I called different facilities, called his physician, and in the end was able to find out where and what time his appointment was.

The colleague that was sitting near by was gobsmacked that I did all that for the patient....

She said to me, "If we have to be on teams, I want you on my team.  You don't stop till its done".

I agreed.  I don't.  I will do what it takes to make sure the patient/client/customer is taken care of.  In the end, we all win with that kind of attitude.  This patient will come back, will refer friends and in the end that creates momentum.

So...if you ever wonder what more you can do....just do what it takes to get the job done.  You'll find that your patients/customers/clients will do the same for you!!

Just another rambling of a real woman!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment