Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Making Connections

Well, tonight was a success.

I have always said that Success is not a measurement, it is a movement.

So, tonight I moved.  In otherwords, instead of just going to the business forums and watching everyone, nodding my head and smiling, I connected.

The funny thing about it is that I have been connecting with people for a very long time and just never really put it together in my head that in life, no matter what station you are in, connecting is important.

I walked around the room tonight, introducing myself, asking about them, listening to their stories and figuring out who I could connect them with and how they can make movement in their business.

Yes.. I was born to be a connector.

I am at a stage in my life where I realized, that I have only just begun.  People are stunned at how much I have already done, but goodness gracious.  I am only 46, kids are off in college and I have this enormous opportunity sitting right in front of me waving its hands and making a ruckus so that I would just realize that its there.  

Everyone I met tonight or reconnected with from the past has something so nice to say and how they can't wait to see what I do with the rest of my life.

That feels good.

So, success....its a loaded word, a word that to many people throw around making up meanings that are not reachable.  Success is as I said a movement, not a measurement.

And, if yo really want to be successful...move in the direction of making connections.  You never know who God will put in your circle of influence.  By connecting you open up your world... to big, bright, wonderful opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment