Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pain Endurance - Womanhood

Yes, I am a woman.

There are so many different kinds of pain women endure throughout the life time.

Obvious pains are those of heart ache, whether it be from their growing children or a spouse.  Other pains similar to this type of pain (emotional pain) would be memories from the past, feelings of not being good enough etc.

We then go through another kind of pain.  For some it is not as severe as it is for others, but it ends up amplifying all the other pains....  This is a physical pain...  called womanhood....  aka menstration.

Now I grew up without the physical pain but did bear the brunt of the emotional pain that came with the dreaded monthly montage of crying uncontrollably for no reason at all, eating things that I regretted 5 days later, swelling and feeling as big as a house.  Yes...I had the emotional part of this lovely part of womanhood. ( would could call the "emotional part" temporary psychosis...because that is what it feels like!!)

Now, as time goes on we learn to live with our emotional pain (and other learn to live with it as well).  But now, I am enduring another pain...quite physical and rather debilitating.

Like many other women I opted to have an endometrial ablation to correct my anemia. Many friends and coworkers have had this done and swore that it was the best thing they could have ever done.  All parts are intact, no more bleeding...life is good.  So...  why not...its better than getting iron shots and feeling like crap all the time...or so I thought.

I am not complaining about my Doctor.  She is amazing and I would go to her over and over.  But, the pain post ablation for a year is about to do me in.  I looked on many websites to read about this issue and have found that many women have experienced the same thing.  It feels like having 5 days of non stop labor.  Sure, they give you meds that take the edge off, but if you know me, I hate putting anything in this body of mine.  Now, not only am I putting meds in but also am completely drained.  UGGH

Next step is surgical consult.  Which again...I really dont want to part with any body parts, but must.

Thought...when they do the deed can they get rid of the emotional pain as well...

I am sure that many family members to those of us that have premenstrual breakdowns would be so very pleased!!

So, a little advice for those of you that are thinking about getting an ablation...it could be the best thing you have ever done for yourself or it can be the worst.  There are those that it worked miracles for and those that it just caused more pain.  Do your homework and really have long discussions with your Doc about the procedure and do your due diligence and do some reading.

My Doctor was very informative.  She really did her job, I just happened to be one of the many that probably should have gone straight for surgery.

We women...what we go through only makes us stronger....  lets get this show on the road!!!

Comments are always welcomed... so are questions...etc



  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment