Friday, July 5, 2013

The Morning Ritual

So Yeah....  a real woman huh?

We all wake up at a certain time each day because we have to.

For many years, since I was about 13 years old I have woken up at 5am.  Back then it was so that I could iron my moms clothes for work, then spend the next hour with the ritual of putting on and taking off only to put back on make up routine.  (I had no idea how to apply that mud on my face!)

As time went on, 5am seemed to still be the hour of rising.  I'd get myself ready for work, then get to work on waking the kids.  I can remember actually dressing my oldest while he was still asleep because there was no way he was waking up that early in the morning.

Then it was waking up at 5am to get to the gym to work out.  I would look at all those people, sweating, pumping iron, running on the treadmills and wonder where on earth did they get that kind of enthusiasm first thing in the morning???

Well, now, I wake up at 5am just because I do.  I like taking my time getting ready for work, making sure the house is cleaned up before I leave for work, and having time to read emails and....as you can see blog about 5am in the morning.

There is nothing really magical about it.  It just occurred to me this morning that goodness...its 5 am yet again...and here I am, getting up.

What time do you get up?  What is Your ritual?

Just sayin...

No comments:

Post a Comment